Hi Beauty Lovers,
With the current state of affairs, it's hard not to feel down. Many of us are spending days alone (in isolation) worrying about friends and loved ones. It's important to reach out to the elderly and people in need to see if they are ok. It's also a good time to slow down, calm the mind and be kind to yourself.
There are many little things one can do to make this time of self isolation more enjoyable. Here's a little list:
1. Read a good book. It could be a new one or re-reading a classic!
2. Take a long bath. Pour yourself a hot bath, add your favourite bath salts and put on some relaxing music. Bliss!
3. Cook a new recipe. We all have a list of recipes that we'd love to try, but never find the time. Well, we have the time now. It's always great to expand your cooking repertoire. Why not try a meal from the region of your last trip?
4. Give yourself a mini facial. Slow your skincare routine down, and really enjoy each step. Do a double cleanse, (if you normally do one), tone, massage your serum and moisturizers in to your face. Do a face mask, if you have one handy. Anything to make you look and feel good.
5. Do a hair mask. If your are in self isolation, you could apply the mask, (before you shower) and leave it on for an hour or more. Why not? Everyones hair is feeling a little dry after the winter!
6. Drink a large mug of relaxing tea. You could be drinking tea whilst doing any of the above mentioned. Relaxing, herbal teas are always good for the soul!
All of these little "self care rituals" can make your day a little more enjoyable.
Here are some of my favourite Broadview Beauty picks during time of self isolation:
One of my favourite tea is Living Apothecary's "Vitalize" loose leaf blend! It's a super yummy (caffeine free) fusion of lemongrass, ginger and jasmine. It helps to revitalize your mind, body and soul! Perfect, for when you need a little boost during self isolation!
If your hair is feeling a little parched after this winter season, why not try a hair mask? You have the extra time right now, and your hair will thank you! Two, that I'm loving right now are both from Verb. I have fine hair, so I love the Ghost Mask, because it is virtually weightless, yet super hydrating.
If your hair is extra dry, (or on the thicker side) you may want to try the Hydrating Mask by Verb. It's a rich, restorative deep conditioning treatment designed to nourish all hair types.
As for serums, I'm currently loving Province Apothecary's Rejuvenating and Hydrating blend, which is suitable for all skin types. It easily absorbs into the skin, and helps to nourish, hydrate and firm. It's a powerful blend of plant oils that helps to smooth out fine lines and improve skin's elasticity. Love it!
When I have extra time to spend on my skincare routine (like now) I definitely grab for my Salt by Hendrix face roller. It aims to promote circulation while, enhancing the effectiveness of your beauty routine. It helps your creams and oils glide beautifully onto the skin. It also gently massages the skin in any areas you feel might need any extra attention on the face and neck.
Usage: Apply your face oil or serum to your clean and dry face, neck and décolletage. Using the wide end of the roller, starting at the jawline, massage in an outward direction to assist with puffiness across the face, neck and décolletage. Use the narrow end around the eye area to massage your favourite eye treatment to the upper brow bone and under eye area.
Our favourite eye treatment (to use alone or with our face roller) is Salt by Hendrix's Eye Babe. It's a gentle (yet hydrating) blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that provides your under eye area with a moisture hit. Suitable for all skin types!
For lips, I'm loving Province Apothecary's Repairing and Conditioning lip balm.
The blend of rich plant-based oils soothes and nourishes lips, providing long-lasting benefits without feeling greasy or sticky. Your lips will thank you!
I've been going makeup free, these days. But if I wanted a hint of colour, I would use Salt by Hendrix's Watermelon lip tint instead.
Right now, it's all the little things that we can do for ourselves and one another. Little rituals that can make our days feel a bit brighter. Most importantly, I hope that everyone reading this is safe and healthy. Stay inside!
You are all beautiful!
-owner Broadview Beauty ltd.